Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Future planning

I've been planning for the future.  It has come with hours of internet research, dozens of calendar revisions, and a few dollars spent.  I finally have a solid plan, and I couldn't be more excited.  The future plans?  They're for my next race!

After finishing the hot Pittsburgh Marathon in May, I was itching to sign up for another race immediately.  Knowing my heat tolerance though, I knew waiting for fall was the best choice.  Unfortunately Fortunately, we have a calendar full of exciting weekend events this fall.  This includes 5 weddings and all of the showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, and out of town trips that go with them.  Super-busy-Fall-season.

Every marathon or half I found landed on the morning of or following a wedding.  Though I could have done this, I really didn't want to rush things.  I like to enjoy that getting ready and everything that comes along with weddings, and I want to enjoy race day without rushing off to another event.

I finally found the holy grail in a half marathon just north of home.  Miraculously, it falls on a rare, completely free weekend!  So I am signed up and ready to start training for the Buffalo Creek Half Marathon.

First Half Marathon = guaranteed PR. Hello downhill; it will be nice to see you!
Now to get my training started now that I'm almost back to normal post-wisdom teeth removal!

No comments:

Post a Comment