While getting summers and school holidays off is the obvious perk to working for a school. I'm finding new perks on a daily basis..
- I drive by Costco on my way home every day. The nearest of our dearest Costco's is 30 minutes away, but now conveniently on the drive home. Clearly a weekly stop is necessary. Now all I need is a conveyor belt to move my purchases from car to kitchen. I hate carrying groceries...
|What I drool over before heading for the fresh fruit and veggies.|
- I work 5 minutes from a lovely and spacious YMCA. It's busy enough to give me good people watching while I run, but it's quiet enough that there are always plenty of open treadmills.
- When it cools off a little more, I can also use the cute town I work in to take after-work runs. It boasts a major piece that my own neighborhood lacks... sidewalks! Oh, and the best frozen custard ever.
- The frozen custard joint next to the YMCA also serves Mexican food. Mexican+Custard = Heaven. Don't doubt it until you try it! I've successfully resisted stopping here for 3 weeks, but I imagine one day I'll just really need it and it will be there to save the day.
- The hubs bought me a cute new messenger bag for me to carry back and forth to work (that matches my gym bag), and I treated myself to a new lunchbox. With breakfast and coffee in hand, I feel like I am moving when I leave my house every morning.
|6am move out every morning|
I work 7:30-3:30. With an hour long commute, I can pretty much guarantee that morning workouts will never, ever happen.