Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cookies fix everything, Part 2

Do you ever sit down at the end of the day and just decide... I really deserve to indulge in something after that!

I'm sitting on my couch right now doing exactly that.  Problem is, what do I treat myself with... Samoa cookies?  A banana smoothie?  Going to bed early?  Not washing the dishes?  Drive to Wendy's immediately to buy a Caramel Apple Frosty Sundae thingamajig that they keep running commercials for?  Send the hubs to Wendy's for me?

I may just go for all of the above.  How do you "treat" yourself after a rough day?

Ok, so my day was actually just fine.  My day at clinic was nothing out of the ordinary, and I only left a half hour late, not bad.  It was the drive home that just didn't agree with me. 

About 40 minutes into my 50 minute drive home, I saw the guy sitting next me in traffic pointing wildly at the side of my car.   He was saying something too, but my super-duper low-tech lovebug can't manage getting the passenger side window down without me manually winding it.  I contemplated denial and continuing to drive home, but visions of blowing a tire in the middle of the Fort Pitt Tunnel made me rethink and I pulled over.

I spent a minute staring at the front of my car and front tire wondering what was wrong.... before my eyes drifted to my flat rear passenger tire.  Bummer.  Wonder what the way to look on the bright side is though?  I totally get my money's worth out of my AAA membership every year!

Unfortunately, I spent well over an hour after that sitting in my car on the side of the highway.  I should really just be thankful that it wasn't storming/sweltering/freezing/dark/my birthday.  It would totally stink to get a flat tire on your birthday.

That's all.  I guess it always seems worse when you're in the situation.  Seems like no big deal at all afterwards, hah.

Now, I think it's time for cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment