Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumped Up Kicks

Yesterday's Workout: P90x Legs and Back.  It was the first time I had done Legs and Back, and I think I liked it.  I felt like I could reasonably keep up, but that it was still a challenge (I did the back moves with the resistance bands).  However, I don't feel it AT ALL in my legs or back today.  I'm not looking to be hobbling around, but I'm not in super shape right now; I was expecting to at least feel a little sore.  My glutes though, are seriously aching, gluteus medius like no other.  Not that I'm complaining that my buns got a workout, but I would choose the plyo option if I really wanted a leg workout; I just didn't feel it with this one.

Today's Workout: Walking from my car to the Nike outlet, back to my car to get the coupon's I forgot, back to the store to check out, and then back to my car.  (Scratch that.  It's not my car at all, obviously.  It's my very generous mother-in-law's car. see previous post.)

We had some awesome coupons from shopping there a few weeks ago when the hubs needed new shoes, so I scored a super-sweet deal today!

I got these pretty new shoes just begging to be run in.
Running gloves, a running wallet, and a $1.97 pair of dri-fit soccer socks (I still play weekly and have a knack for putting holes in my socks when I play)
And 2 pair of shorts for the hubs, just so no one can ever claim I'm selfish.
All for total of.... drumroll please.... $59 and some change!  I love, love, love me a good deal!

And the running wallet (which fits the iphone perfectly) really adds a special little something to a striped sweater.  Agreed?  With the serious fall weather moving in; hopefully I'll be able to give it a good test run this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment