Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My favorite eats

Pinterest has done it again.  I discovered the most delicious thing that I didn't know I was missing out on.  Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls entered my life 2 weeks, and I haven't been the same since.


INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup quick cooking oats, uncooked
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 full graham crackers, finely crushed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir well with a spoon. 
2. Spoon out about a tablespoon and roll in hands to form a ball.  (I used my Pampered Chef cookie scoop and ended up with ~20 balls)
3. Place balls in airtight container and refrigerate.  I think they taste best chilled, but they're delicious if warmed up to room temperature, albeit a little sticky.

The Verdict:
- They taste just like cookies but without the excessive added sugar or butter!
- Could a recipe possibly get any easier than this?  I've made them a few times now in a matter of minutes so we can keep a steady supply in the fridge.
- I am going to attempt eliminating the graham crackers crumbs next time, and replacing w/ a little additional oatmeal.  Oatmeal>graham crackers.
- I've been stashing a few in my bag as a quick energy snack between work and the gym.  Perfect little snack to get me through a workout and hold me over until dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment