Thursday, March 21, 2013

Straight from the jar day

The plan for this week:
- 20 mile run this past Saturday
- Take 3 rest days because I wouldn't have time for the gym
- Run 3 days

How this week really went
- Ran 20 miles Saturday
- 3 exhausting days off
- Run 4 miles one time
- Wake up with awful, horrible right superior IT Band pain :(
...who knows from here

I do think it's just a tight and irritated IT band because the pain temporarily subsides with some good stretching.  I am on the move all day at work though, and I can't just stop and stretch whenever I want to... as much as I'd like to.  I have no reason to push things now though, despite having just signed up for a half-marathon that is a little more than a week away.  The countdown to the Pittsburgh Marathon is getting shorter, and that's the main focus.

The worst part of this little training hiccup?  I need to run so badly this week.  It's been one of those weeks where the weekend just can't come fast enough. I'm annoyed and frustrated, and I want nothing more than to run it out and sweat it out.
Instead I ate peanut butter straight from the jar with Teddy Grahams and planted myself on the couch with some reruns of "Say Yes to the Dress" after work.  Eh, sometimes you make healthy choices and sometimes you don't.  Tomorrow is a new fresh day... and the start of a much needed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment