Monday, February 6, 2012

Karma

I hate for my first post in so long to be so negative, but I have to get this off my chest.

I accidentally left my wallet in the cart at Target yesterday afternoon, in the parking lot.  I didn't realize it was missing until I couldn't find it before leaving for work this morning.

I called Target immediately because it was the last place I was with it before arriving home.  Score!  They had my wallet in their safe.  Target is in the opposite direction of work so I had to wait until I got off work at 7 tonight to go pick it up, but I was relieved knowing it was there.

Wallet was in fact there.
There wasn't any cash to be stolen, thankfully.
All my credit cards and IDs were moved around but all there.
Change pocket empty.
Almost every single last gift card was gone.

I was so angry I could scream.  I can't even fathom the idea of stealing something that isn't mine, especially when I could clearly see who it belonged to.  Even the hubs asked how someone could look right at my picture on my license and still steal from me, hah.  Nothing burns me up inside like people that are so selfish.  I'm not a hateful person, but things like this make me karma believer.

But trying to see the bright side... I reflected on the fact that there was actually only one valuable card stolen, a $50 restaurant card we had from Christmas.  The rest of the haul consisted of this:
- Starbucks card worth less than $1- glad I bought that Venti last week to use most of it up!
- Two AmEx cards worth less than $2 each-that had been in my wallet for almost 5 years each
- Victoria's Secret $10 Rewards card that was both used up and expired- I'm bad at cleaning out my wallet
- A handful of small change- quarters go straight to my "parking meter quarters" stash- no quarters for you!

I cancelled all my cards and had them replaced anyways- just to be safe.  But aside from that, I'm really just out one dinner and a few tears.

PS- I totally used my stash of "parking meter quarters" to buy a morning coffee and apologized profusely for the handful of change I handed to the barista.

Will be back soon with news of rainbows, sunshine, no more injuries, and running shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment