Sunday, November 11, 2012

A return with staying power

Life has been busy and exciting full of family, friends, and as many weddings as we could possibly handle in recent weeks! I even found a little time to squeeze in working... running my first half marathon... and embarking on some other exciting new adventures.  All of which I will share more about later I'm sure.

For now, I'm just enjoying that my place of work is closed tomorrow, and I can ignore my usual 9:00 bedtime.  You get pretty lame as a nighttime party animal when you wake up at 5am.  

I don't think I'll ever stop loving the perk of getting to follow a school schedule either.  My next three work weeks are only 3 days each... before I start the countdown to Christmas "vacation".  Thankfully Unfortunately(?) we've also already had our first 2-hour delay of the year.  I felt like a little kid all over again, watching the school names scrolling across the tv screen and hoping to see mine pop up.  Modern technology kind of ruins that moment though when I get the text message alert first.  I would never complain about 2 hours to sleep in though, regardless of how I hear about it!

Though the pretty leaves have long blown away, we are having some unseasonably warm weather continuing into tomorrow that might be just perfect for a mid-day run.  One more reason to love a weekday off.
Yes, running in a cemetery.  It was an oddly comforting place for a run, and the foliage made it outright gorgeous!  The iphone pics don't even do the colors justice.

Where is the oddest place you've laced up your running shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment