Friday, May 3, 2013

Pittsburgh Marathon #2: The final countdown

1 day
11 hours
...some odd minutes

...and I'll be toeing the line for marathon #2 at the Dick's Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon!  More specifically, I'll be toeing a random spot of pavement in the last corral, but that's neither here nor there.

I took a day off from work today to ensure I was well rested.  I love my kiddos, but my job can leave me physically, emotionally, and mentally drained by the weekend.  I figured an extra lazy day certainly wouldn't hurt!  This also meant I could hit the expo early and have that out of the way.  It was literally the only thing on my to-do list today, and I was home by noon.

Just like last year, I was able to walk right up to the bib, shirt, and bag tables without waiting in any lines at all.  I think the shirts are the same Asics long sleeve tech as last year, and I was glad I went with the Small.
The bag swag was pretty typical.  I didn't spend much time browsing or picking up samples; saving my legs and saving money!
Speaking of Boston, I was sure to swing by the Steel City Road Runners booth to buy my Boston wrist band.  It's a $1 donation to support OneFund, and an easy way to show support on Sunday or otherwise.
I'm hoping my Boston Strong chevron Bic Band shows up in the mail tomorrow too, just in time for race day!

Questions:
Anyone else racing this weekend?  

Cheering for the Penguins tonight?  
You should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment