Thursday, January 19, 2012

Early Bird

Do you know what happens when I wake up 3 hours before I have to be at work?  I get my sweat on early and am ready for work 90 minutes before I even start.  I even dried my hair.  And put on makeup.  And ate breakfast somewhere that wasn't in my car while driving down the highway.
Cheesy morning smiles!  And just about the most dressed up I get for work...
The initial plan was to go for a "jog" since my PT finally gave me the go ahead to try "jogging a mile" before Monday.  But then the weatherman told me it was 19 degrees and breezy, and my elliptical 5 feet away looked way more welcoming!   The after felt so good too.  I wish I could convince myself more often that morning workouts are a good idea.  I have an exponential amount more energy to start the day and a nice healthy glow too.  It's just hard to remember that at 6am when I'm cuddling under a pile of blankets.

In totally unrelated news, I am really craving some serious baking this weekend.  Instead of the usual sweet fatty (but delicious) treat, I really want to do a healthy grainy treat.  Muffins maybe?  Wholesome version of something a little more indulgent?

Question of the Day: What's the last "healthy" (quotations totally needed there) baked treat you made or ate?  Recommendations?

PS- I only lost control of my car briefly twice on my drive home today in the snow.  Yippy.

1 comment:

  1. Granola Bars (as a recommendation) they are so on my to do list...

    ReplyDelete