Friday, October 21, 2011

Cold legs and bum knees


I always love a good deal, so I was super excited when I snagged a pair of Canari cycling tights for $1.99 this week.  No matter that I haven't yet decided if they fit me or the hubs better.  Either way, one of us will have warmer legs than we did last weekend!

I love, love, love my Pearl Izumi Sugar shorts for their shorter length (and the perfect fitting dri-fit tees I snagged Costco!), but the  weather is getting a little chilly for them here.  Thankfully we warmed up but I was shivering about 30 seconds into our ride on Sunday!  Our lack of preparation though, may have been due in part to the fact that I accidentally checked Atlanta's weather report instead of Pittsburgh's, oops.

Also worth mentioning while talking about last weekend... this amazing mound of sugar I assembled.  I saw the Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread recipe everywhere, and after seeing it was all my favorite food groups in one bread, I knew I had to make it.
Verdict: It was really quite yummy but it was a LOT of work for a little loaf of bread.  I was also rather bummed by how little of a pumpkin flavor you got out of it.  On taste alone, I wouldn't have guessed there was pumpkin in it at all.  Like I said though, still good enough to lick every last morsel off you fingers!

And now with all the warm fuzzies of the weekend out of the way, I think I did myself in last night.  I felt something a little "funny" in my left knee at the start of my soccer game.  I pulled myself out, stretched out really well, and everything seemed fine as I continued on.  Then I woke up in the middle of the night with sharp shooting pains down to my foot and up to my buttock.  Every slight turn of my knee was another pain.  Now stairs, walking, and even just straightening my knee hurts.  I'm fairly confident that it's (another) left lateral meniscal tear, which won't be fun moving forward.  I already have an appointment set up with ortho next week, but I'm not giving up hope that it is magically going to heal itself before then...

No comments:

Post a Comment