Thursday, June 7, 2012

Running on sugar

I've started working again part time, just a day or two each week.  While I missed having a routine to get up for each day, I don't miss some of the little perks of days full of doing whatever I want.

Like making french toast for breakfast in the middle of the week, usually a weekend only treat.
Who doesn't love syrup puddles.
With cinnamon bread to make it even more amazing.
I only give in to this craving on occasion, but this stuff is amazing.
And doing that at least 2 days in a row.

After the sugar overload yesterday morning though, I did get myself to the gym to celebrate National Running Day.  I spent 30 minutes doing intervals on the TM before a 45 minute strength session.  It was my first run since the marathon, almost exactly a month prior.  It felt good, but it felt hard!  I felt in shape, but not running shape.

Monday was P90x chest and back, Tuesday was P90x plyo, gym yesterday, and soccer game tonight.  After a lazy few post-marathon weeks, I'm finally getting back my healthy habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment