Thursday, January 3, 2013

Here we go again!

Here we go again- I've officially begun my second round of marathon training!  My start was delayed just a few days thanks to my stomach bug, but I was ready to run today... inside on a treadmill.
Kids- Don't take Iphone pictures while driving, especially when it takes you 5 tries to turn off the flash.
75 degrees inside...... 10 degrees outside.  Brrrrr.  This girl does not run in 10 degrees.  I cranked my seat warmers on high and took my warmed-up toosh to the gym!


I am following Hal Higdon's Intermediate 1 Marathon plan, and today called for a 3 mile run.  And because less than 30 minutes at the gym never feels like enough, I threw in some strength training after: abductors, adductors, quads, and hamstrings.  I know I'll be cutting back strength training as my miles increase, so I might as well keep maintaining while I can.

Day 1 in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment