Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Of interviews and too much free time

It took me 80minutes today to drive the route home that usually takes 15ish.  Fabulous.  I just love rush hour snowstorms.  No worries though, a large minty hot cocoa generously doused with CoolWhip fixed everything.

I am finding myself with too much extra time on my hands, and not just because I can't work out or play soccer this week.  I have too much extra time because I don't have a job, and I only have 15ish hours of class per week this semester.  What's a girl to do?  Enjoy it?  Work on my house?  Study harder?  Oh no, I go out looking for a job!

I had an interview yesterday.  It was a group interview, which I am never a fan of, but I think it went well.  Hopefully I'll be receiving a job offer later this week or next.

A lovely, nerdy little thing happened on this interview too.  The last question that the interviewer asked me was how to find a patellar reflex.  Honestly, I've never answered an interview question so confidently in all my life.  I dutifully explained how to do so, while he palpated his own leg trying to figure out how it works.  He seemed pretty psyched about the new found knowledge, and the nerd in me wants to believe he went home and practiced.

The best part of all.... we were sitting in the mall food court.  It was a retail sales job having absolutely zero to do with anything related to reflexes.

In entirely unrelated updates...
What I learned this week: my baby brother is taller than me, and we now have photo proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment